Vobster Diving believes that a child or young person should never experience abuse of any kind. We have a responsibility to promote the welfare of all children and young people and to keep them safe and we are committed to working in a way that protects them.
We recognise that:
We will seek to keep children and
- The welfare of the child is paramount, as enshrined in the Children Act 1989
- All children, regardless of age, disability, gender, racial heritage, religious belief, sexual orientation or identity, have an equal right to protection from all types of harm or abuse
- Some children are additionally vulnerable because of the impact of previous experiences, their level of dependency, communication needs or other issues
- Working in partnership with children, young people, their parents, carers and other agencies is essential in promoting young children's welfare
young people safe by:
Vobster Diving has elected to adopt and follow the British Sub-Aqua Club's safeguarding framework, Buddyguard, details of which can be found below.
- Valuing them, listening to and respecting themselves
- Adopting child protection practices through procedures and a code of conduct for all staff and volunteers
- Providing effective management for staff and volunteers through supervision, support and training
- Recruiting staff and volunteers safely, ensuring all necessary checks are made
- Sharing information about child protection and good practice with children, parents, staff and volunteers
- Sharing concerns with agencies who need to know and involving parents and children appropriately