SURFACE WATER TEMP: 8.1 °C UPDATED: 27-12-2020
SURFACE WATER TEMP: 8.1 °C
Vobster Quay welcomes open water swimmers with a range of high quality facilities that provide all you need to enjoy a fun and leisurely swimming experience.
OPEN WATER SWIMMING
AT VOBSTER QUAY
Welcome to the UK's friendliest open water swimming venue. Please note that for the Autumn and Winter of 2020, you will need to be a member to visit Vobster Quay.
We offer swim members the option to choose a 2 hour timed booking slot every day, for 7 days a week. The timed booking slots will start at 8:00 and finish at 20:00 mid-week, and 09:00 to 19:00 at weekends.
We still require that swimmers must swim in pairs - or at least have one assigned land based spotter who watches them throughout their swim - unless they are swimming during a life guarded timed slot. We will be increasing the number of life guarded sessions for June to August 2020.
Please do not turn up if you are not a current member and have not booked a session.
BOOKING A SWIM SESSION
We offer swimming members the option to book a 2 hour timed swimming sessions every day, seven days a week. Timed diving sessions start at 8:00 and finish at 20:00 mid-week and 09:00 to 19:00 at weekends.
Once you have completed the registration process, you will be able to book a swim session using our online booking portal at app.vobster.com
. The portal will allow you to book swim sessions upto 14 days in advance and all existing bookings will be displayed within the portal.
Please do not turn up more than 15 minutes before your session starts.
If you are unable to make the session you have booked, please cancel your booking online via the booking portal. Swimmers who fail to cancel sessions may still be charged.
If you plan to swim during a non-lifeguarded session you must either swim as a pair with another member or have a spotter watching you from the waterside. Your spotter does not need need to be a member but they must pre-register at app.vobster.com
as a SPECTATOR
to check in onsite.
Before you can book a swimming slot at Vobster Quay, you must satisfy the following conditions:
- You must be a current Vobster Quay swim member. Annual membership costs just £ 45.00. Visit the swim membership page for more information on how to become a swim member.
- All members will need to sign our new terms & conditions, the health questionnaire and COVID-19 declaration. This can be done quickly and easily via our booking portal at app.vobster.com.
STAY SAFE AS YOUR SWIM
We like to think that Vobster Quay offers a highest quality, friendly & stress-free place to open water swim, but we do ask all our swimmers to observe the following rules and safety guidelines...
- All swimmers must be competent pool swimmers and must be capable of swimming a minimum of 400 metres (16 x lengths of a 25m pool) continously and confidently over deep water.
- Swimmers must swim in pairs or at least have an assigned land-based spotter who watches them throughout their swim.
- All swimmers must wear a suitable brightly coloured and highly visible swim cap whilst in the water.
- All swimmers are advised to wear a suitable swim wetsuit for warmth and buoyancy.
- Swimmers wishing to swim without wearing a swim wetsuit will be required to accept the terms of our non-wetsuit declaration.
- Please swim either in the designated coaching and training area or following a clockwise rotation of the marked 750m swim course - see swim course site map boards.
- Avoid swimming over divers bubbles - divers may make rapid ascents which could cause injury if you are above them.
- Swimmers must be over 16 years of age.
To enjoy open water swimming activities at Vobster Quay, we ask that you are able to meet these simple requirements:
- You have no health issues that may either impede or pose a risk to you whilst open water swimming.
- You can competently swim a minimum of 400m continuously without swimming aids and without stopping.
- You are comfortable swimming in deep water and can tread water for a minimum of 1 minute.
- You have taken part in open water swimming activities before.
Vobster Quay is pleased to welcome members for a relaxing dive or swim. We are open seven days a week and offer the perfect blend of fresh water swimming and diving with a range of high quality facilities and services.
We offer members the option to book a timed booking session every day, seven days a week. Sessions must be booked in advance via our new booking portal at app.vobster.com
. Please click on the PDF links below for session times for both swimmers and divers.
Please do not turn up if you are not a current member and have not booked a session - you will not be able to enter.
IMPORTANT UPDATE! In line with the national lockdown introduced by the UK Government, we are CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. We look forward to reopening soon.
SWIM OPENING HOURS
1st Dec - 28th March
DIVE OPENING HOURS
2nd Nov - 28th March
We like to think that a visit to Vobster Quay offers superb value for money. With a full range of superb facilities on site and the very best in fresh water activities, we're confident that you'll keep coming back for more...