STAND UP PADDLEBOARDING RETURNS
With the evenings drawing out and Summer just around the corner, we're pleased to announce that Vobster Quay will be open for STAND UP PADDLEBOARDING from the 3rd May 2021. The SUP season will run from May until the end of September.
Starting from the 3rd May, four hour SUP sessions will be available to book between 16:00 - 20:00
on MONDAYS, TUESDAYS
only. To take to the lake on a SUP board at Vobster Quay, you will need to satisfy the following requirements...
- You must be a current Vobster Quay member. Full details on how to become a Vobster SUP member can be found on our SUP membership page.
- You must own all your own SUP gear. We do not have SUP equipment or boards available for hire so turn up full equipped!
- You must wear a buoyancy aid/jacket at all times. Again, you must bring your own - we do not have them available to hire.
- You must paddleboard in pairs or have ONE land-based spotter who watches you throughout your SUP session. Spotters must prebook attendance and are not allowed in the water.
- You must be over the age of 12. Any child under 18 years of age must be accompanied on the water by a parent or guardian on their own SUP board.
- You must be able to satisfy our fitness and health requirements.
SUP memberships for the 2021 season are available now and cost just £ 5.00. Note that SUP memberships can be used to book SUP SESSIONS ONLY. Swimming or diving on a SUP membership is strictly prohibitied.
Visit our new Stand Up Paddleboarding page for more information...
If you're already a dive or annual swim member who also happens to be a keen SUP'er with all your own SUP gear, we've got some great news for you - you can apply to have SUP access added to your membership at no extra charge! Just email us
in advance with your membership number and we'll do the rest.
Note that you can ONLY SUP during a SUP session - no sneaking off for a cheeky swim or dive!