We are very much looking forward to seeing you all and getting the Vobster 2021 season firmly back on track. To help us and you get from now, to then, in an efficient way, please read on for crucial information about membership, booking and servicing arrangements. It will probably help to read the whole message before you email or ring. Maybe twice. We are delighted to be able to reopen, but we need your help to deal efficiently with the anticipated backlog of queries and admin.
Please note that our booking system is currently CLOSED for new bookings but will be unlocked for divers on Tuesday 2nd March and for swimmers on Monday 15th March.
Divers can book up to 30 days in advance of your visit and swimmers you can book up to 14 days in advance of your visit.
CORONAVIRUS CONTROLS 2021
We have come such a long way and no one wants to go backwards into another lockdown. Please pay extremely close attention to the basic controls of masks in the shop, one way systems and a clear 2m social distancing outside. This applies to everyone: swimmers, divers, and schools. Vobster Quay does reserve the right to refuse entry to those who cannot comply with these basic requests.
The changing rooms and showers will NOT be open during 2021, but the open air cubicles are. Please do NOT bring additional spectators and family members for your visit. A single additional preregistered visitor for swim spotting is OK, outside lifeguarded times.
We are pleased to announce that Vobster Quay will be reopening for divers and swimmers from Monday 29th March 2021. Please note the following revised opening times...
- SWIM TIMETABLE - The April swimming timetable is online now, covering both times for lifeguarded and non lifeguarded swimming. The May timetable will follow soon.
- DIVE TIMETABLE - The April diving timetable is online now too. Diving from April until the end October - Diving will be available from 08:00-15:00 Monday to Wednesday. Thursday to Sunday returns to the split session from 08:00 to offsite 14:00, then 14:00 to 20:00.
We will accept servicing from local divers from the 1st March. Please remember that lockdown restrictions apply to all travel until 29th March, which severely limits travel options for drop off and collection. Servicing MUST be pre-booked
. Non-booked servicing will be turned away. Please email us for a booking in form at email@example.com
. Currently drop off times and dates are mid-week only between 0830am and 16:00.
Working in strict accordance with UK Government guidelines, Vobster continues to be a membership-only site. Please note the following membership-related updates...
- EXISTING MEMBERSHIPS - We will be rolling an extra 90 days onto the expiry date of all memberships. That means some that have expired will now not be expired and some that are due to expire shortly now won't for an extra 90 days.
- LAPSED MEMBERSHIPS - If your membership has lapsed then you will be able to renew from Monday 1st March by calling us on 01373 814666. Please bear with us during this week as we deal with the large backlog of renewals and queries. Please do not call before then.
- NEW SWIM MEMBERSHIPS - Swimming membership is currently full. We will announce any changes to this situation as soon as we can via our facebook page. Please do not contact us asking when memberships will be available.
- NEW DIVE MEMBERSHIPS - Full diving membership is currently full. We will have a limited number of weekday (Monday to Friday diving ONLY) memberships available. These will be available from 1st March and cost £30. Please register as a diving visitor on the website, then call 01373 814666 to pay.
Booking will continue to be members ONLY, unless you are part of a school or group.
All booking must be made via our booking portal at app.vobster.com
- you will need a valid membership or group code from school / group in order to book. Please refer to the box above for information on all things related to memberships.
Please note that our booking system is currently CLOSED for new bookings but will be unlocked for divers on Tuesday 2nd March
and for swimmers on Monday 15th March
. Divers can book up to 30 days in advance of your visit and swimmers you can book up to 14 days in advance of your visit.
SCHOOL & GROUP BOOKINGS
Our booking system is currently CLOSED for new bookings but will be unlocked for divers on Tuesday 2nd March
. Note that booking ahead times vary according to school status. No changes will be made to school status before the start of the season.
That's it for now - we are excited to welcome you all back to Vobster, but the phones will NOT be answered until 1st March - if you call now, it will be a long time listening to it ring!
Thanks and safe diving and swimming for 2021.
-- The Vobster Team.